From a New Lift Engineer Trainee to Running Your Own Lift Company...!
1: Re-Train as a Lift Engineer
2: Start your own Lift Company
3: Acquire SEVERAL 'Lift Firms'
4: SELL the GROUP :-)
Do you want to retrain as a lift engineer? Do you want to fast track your way through the right training courses? Do you want to get qualified and cut out the red tape? Do you want to learn all the secrets to running and owning your own lift company the easy way and avoid all the costly years of mistake, trial and error?
Then register on one of our Lift Industry Discovery Day Events where we will share with you all the dos and don'ts to help you, no matter what stage you're already at in your career. No need to leave your current work as our training is delivered alongside your regular job.
LIFT INDUSTRY DISCOVERY DAY EVENT
At our lift industry discovery day event, we will cover your next 10 year lift engineering strategy of where you want to be and how you are going to get there, including;
- Lift engineering Employment and why it is a bad idea long term
- Self-Employment - pros/cons & your tax liabilities ahead
- Start and run your own lift business from scratch & the tax benefits you pick up along the way by using a limited company
This is a free of charge event where we will teach you;
- how to fast track your way into employment
- when to get you on the right training courses
- what the benefits are to set yourself up as a company.
MASTERMIND PROGRAMME (2.5 Years);
Weekend Group Training
- Introduction to the lift industry, (do's & don'ts)
- Sourcing the right lift firms to work for
- Good & Bad CV, phoning the company & what to say when speaking with the lift owner...!
- Meeting the lift company and what to say at interview for the 1st time
- The No. 1 rule when negotiating a starting salary
- Designing your lift engineering career strategy - (the 7 step traditional journey to owning a lift firm - (and how to fast track this in 4 easy steps))
- Lift engineer standards, safety training and what's most important, first
- IAG on getting the right CSCS cards & what not to apply for...!
- How to progress onto NVQ3/4 and get fully qualified without spending any of your own money
- The 7 biggest money earners for a lift firm and how to avoid the 3 costly mistakes
- How to find the low hanging fruit and where the quick easy wins are earnt working on lifts that you can use every job
Difficulty in Attending?
We take care of all Hotels and Taxi bookings for you - (please ask us before the 2 day training if you need this booked)
Case Studies and Lessons Learned
- Lift Owners Holmes Places Health Clubs, Warwick Estates Property Management & Tesco were fined £468,000 after numerous failings in Health & Safety resulting in the death of Katarzyna Woja and Craig Jones. Mohammed Ferdous also suffered life changing injuries after his foot was crushed by a faulty lift resulting in losing 5 of his toes.
- Lift Companies ThyssenKrupp Elevator UK, Temple Lifts & T E Scudder were fined £883,000 after poor training and failings in risk assessments where lift accidents had occurred.
- Chevron Lifts Ltd, a Lift Installer, got 7 year ban for accepting customer deposits when company was insolvent
- Principal Contractor, J A Ball and Subcontractor, Anders Development were fined £300k after Dorin Samsons suffered life changing injuries that were sustained in a lift shaft where the correct skills, knowledge and experience to plan and dismantle the lift could not be sufficiently proved.
- +20 More Accounts of where lift directors and owners of lifts have been sued and prosecuted at court and how you can avoid the whole mess
Mergers & Acquisitions
- Build your lift firm fast through buying another lift company without using your own money.
- Everything from sending the first letter to the seller, what to say on the first phone call and guiding them through to Heads of Terms and the Sale & Purchase Agreement.
Bonuses (Lift Industry Document Folder) (USB Stick)
- A-Z of Lift Components (300 items)
- Lift Company Contact Details of firms to apply for work and gain lift engineer experience whilst earning a wage (130 items)
- The Law, Regulations & Standards relating to lifts (22 items)
- Template Documents including Asbestos Policy, Blank Document Checklist, Blank Heads of Terms, Blank Sale & Purchase Agreement, Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Plan, Confined Spaces Policy, Health Surveillance Policy, Lone Working Policy & Manual Handling Policy
12 Monthly Video Conference Calls
- Email us your questions and take part in a year long programme of 1 hour online monthly video conference calls from the comfort of your own home and catch up at any time with recordings of all video training sessions online
18 Month EOR202N & NVQ2
- 'Basic Lift Safety' qualification (EOR202N) delivered by TCD via our e-portfolio
- NVQ Level 2 qualification delivered by TCD via our e-portfolio
When you start in the lift business you will have our preferred support for;
- Any of our training courses
- Registration of National Vocational Qualifications (NVQ’s)
- Placement of our £10k Government funded lift mates/improvers that we train to assist you (subject to availability)
Our MASTERMIND PROGRAMME is currently being revised for new 2020 intakes, please contact us on 020 8303 4411 for more details and to register your place on our next free of charge Lift Industry Discovery Day Event.
LIF ENGINEERING BUSINESS GROWTH ACCELERATOR PROGRAMME
Our lift engineering business growth accelerator programme is only available to graduates of our mastermind group and includes support in the following 3 areas;
- New Lift Customer Leads - When starting your lift company you will need additional & ongoing support for new lift customers being directed to you for your lift engineering related services for the lifespan of your company. We refer new and existing lift customers to our business growth accelerator programme clients you who need their lifts installed, tested, maintained, repaired and modernised.
- Data Bank of Technical Aid - Our data bank of technical aid comprises some 62,158 files made up of 32GB of lift data which includes electrical drawings, technical write ups & manuals on over 95% of the industries lift & escalator operating equipment.
- Business Support - We support new lift firms for commercial growth in a competitive marketplace. It can be tough to constantly assure lift owners of the right contractor to carry out works on their lift with 700+ lift companies and self employed subcontractors working in the UK to choose from.
Some of the areas you may need our advice and business support with include;
- How to deal with the HSE of an incident or accident they are investigating on you
- What a shareholder agreement looks like and when to appoint Directors to the company so that you remain in complete control over its future
- Why care should be taken when employing anyone on your payroll or how to deal with the self employed and/or subcontractors that you use
- What are the preferred tax rates to use to keep more profit in the company and reduce your tax burden to HMRC.
- Which lift technician or tester is best to hire to work its magic over old lift equipment and keep your customer happy and continuing their business with you instead of a competitor?
- Who are the brain surgeons and rocket scientists of the lift industry that will get you out of trouble and your contracts current.
Please contact us for an informal chat on 020 8303 4411 about how we can help you set yourself up in the lift industry and start and run your own lift business.