Training Centre Direct are celebrating after recently compiling a self assessment review (SAR) of an £120k+ SFA contract where our overall completion success figure was measured at 87%.
The Skills Funding Agency (SFA) funds skills training for further education (FE) in England. SFA supports over 1,000 colleges, private training organisations, and employers with more than £4 billion of funding each year. SFA is an executive agency, sponsored by the Department for Business, Innovation & Skills.
SFA is responsible for giving colleges, training organisations and employers the right funding to help adults, young people, the unemployed and people with low skill levels to get the skills they need for employment. This includes:
- supporting traineeships for young people not in education, employment and training (NEET)
- funding and coordinating apprenticeships throughout England
- running the National Careers Service , which gives impartial, professional advice on careers, skills and training
- overseeing and managing 24+ Advanced Learning Loans
- being a co-financing organisation for the European Social Fund (ESF) in England, which is investing in jobs and skills
- helping offenders get into education or training using the Offenders’ Learning and Skills Service
- maintain Individualised Learner Record (ILR) data
- publish data and datasets to support planning and performance reporting in FE
- support the Learning Records Service, who maintain Unique Learner Numbers (ULNs) and Personal Learning Records (PLRs)